Set Up Research Budgets and Billing
Post-award oversight, invoicing, and reporting
Post-award budgeting and contract negotiation
CTSI's Clinical Trials Financial Services team supports business and industry clinical trials by providing staff skilled in understanding and negotiating budgets, as well as providing financial management and oversight of business and industry clinical trials.
Clinical Research Project Status Tool
Provides University research teams with a dashboard for clinical research studies making it possible to view data from OnCore Clinical Trial Management System, ETHOS, EFS, CTR Portal and ClinicalTrials.gov all in one place.
Research conducted within Fairview Health Services or University of Minnesota Physicians
OnCore clinical trial management system (CTMS)
The CTMS offers comprehensive features for managing studies, electronically capturing data, creating custom reports, and supporting financial activities. PIs or delegated staff must use OnCore financial functions for managing clinical research.
The OnCore Study Entry service can save you time by entering studies or protocols into OnCore, ensuring required fields have been completed.
The CTMS is used to provide pricing and manage billing for all Fairview Health Services and University of Minnesota Physicians services, including:
- Budgeting – Supports pre-award budget development.
- Pricing – Links study procedures to a single rate list provided by clinical providers and labs. OnCore is used to request and record quoted prices and billing accounts for Fairview Health Services and University of Minnesota Physicians (UMP) billable items.
- Projections – Provides financial projections for clinical provider charges based on the linked study calendar and priced procedures for visits that have occurred.
- Earned revenue – Provides an accurate, timely view of what items are ready to be invoiced to a sponsor.
- Billing compliance – Tracks billing designation to note which procedures get billed to insurance vs. research accounts.
Fairview Research AdministrationThe first point of contact for research occurring within Fairview Health Services.