Connect with individuals and units from across the University of Minnesota whose work focuses on rural people and places.
What we do:
- We are a group of University centers, entities, organizations, and individual staff, faculty, and students doing research, education, and/or programming focused on rural people and places.
- We aim to improve health, quality of life, and community resources for rural people and places throughout Minnesota and across the US.
- We meet periodically to share ideas for collaborative and innovative work on rural topics.
- We maintain an active membership list and webpage in order to identify individuals and entities at the University doing rural-relevant work, to help them connect with one another.
- We serve as a resource for community stakeholders, media, policymakers, funders, and researchers from outside of the University to identify experts and potential partners.
- Center for Bioethics
- Center for Community Vitality
- Center for Family Development
- Center for Global Health and Social Responsibility
- Center for Leadership in Maternal and Child Health
- Center for Small Towns
- Department of Family Medicine and Biobehavioral Health
- Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Essentia Institute of Rural Health
- Flex Monitoring Team
- Institute on Community Integration
- Medical Education Outcomes Center
- Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team
- Minnesota Cancer Clinical Trials Network
- MN LEND (Leadership Development in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities)
- Minnesota Population Center
- Rural Health Research Center
- Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center
- Veden Center for Rural Economic Development