Become a Mentor
Interested in becoming a research mentor?
The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is currently seeking AHC faculty members to mentor scholars in the Pathways to Research Program (PReP) and Advanced Pathways to Research Program (A-PReP). Scholars are undergraduate, graduate, doctoral or professional students, and will be paid a stipend to conduct research full-time for 8-12 weeks over the summer.
Scholars in these programs participate in a research project under the direct supervision of a University of Minnesota faculty mentor and participate in weekly seminars and networking activities. Scholars convene at the CTSI Poster Session to present the results of their research to other scholars and mentors.
Benefits of becoming a mentor
- Opportunity to mentor outstanding, fully CTSI-funded student researchers
- Make connections with CTSI
- Network with other mentors conducting clinical, translational, and health equity research
- Gain access to valuable mentoring training and resources
- Become eligible for the prestigious CTSI Mentor of the Year Award, Outstanding Junior Mentor Award, or Biostatistician Mentor of the Year Award
After joining the list, potential mentors may be contacted by interested students to discuss mentorship, projects and interests. Potential mentors are under no obligation to take on students.