CTSI K and Beyond Club
Expand your networking and career development opportunities with this quarterly lunch series exclusively for select current and former CTSI scholars.
Who can attend
- Current and former CTSI K-R01 scholars
- Former CTSI K scholars
When and where
- Second Tuesday of the month
- Campus Club (held virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic)
What you'll get
Network and collaborate with peers during the transition from career development awards to obtaining major grant funding.
Get multidisciplinary advice and feedback on grant ideas, specific aims, and other aspects of grant writing.
Enjoy opportunities for career development, with topics suggested by participants.
- Are R21s worth it?
- Challenges to mentoring students, postdocs and fellows
- Challenges to writing
- Getting the max out of virtual and live conferences
- Leading effective meetings
- Leadership book club
- Managing conflict
- Managing research teams
- New grant ideas
- Responding to critiques
- Restarting your research: Crowd-sourcing sunrise ideas
- Specific aims review
- To mPI or not to mPI
- When to say no and when to say yes: Where to draw the line
- Work-life integration