A virtual workshop for Principal Investigators (PIs) conducting research studies with human participants.
How can PI Primer support you?
- Recognize your roles and responsibilities as a PI for a human research study.
- Gain an understanding of local and federal regulations, and how to operate using Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Be able to identify the root causes for receiving audit findings.
- Find out how to address and prevent common audit findings.
- Learn to recognize and manage conflicts of interest.
Who it's for
- PIs with research studies overseen and reviewed by the UMN Institutional Review Board.
- Enrollment is limited to the University’s policy requirements for who can serve as a Principal Investigator. (See HRP-103 Investigator’s Manual)
- Community partners working on UMN research including: Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, M Health Fairview, and Minneapolis VA Health Care System.
- There is no cost for UMN investigators and other investigators working on UMN research.
- It is free for UMN Departments that want to host training for faculty.
To take the course, you must have completed the University’s training requirements for PI status, including:
- HIPAA Training
- CITI Training (Biomedical or Social/Behavioral)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
CTSI developed this training in partnership with the University’s Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) and Conflict of Interest Program (COI).