A virtual workshop for Principal Investigators (PIs) conducting research studies with human participants.
How can PI Primer support you?
- Recognize your roles and responsibilities as a PI for a human research study.
- Gain an understanding of local and federal regulations, and how to operate using Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Be able to identify the root causes for receiving audit findings.
- Find out how to address and prevent common audit findings.
- Learn to recognize and manage conflicts of interest.
Who it's for
- PIs with research studies overseen and reviewed by the UMN Institutional Review Board.
- Enrollment is limited to the University’s policy requirements for who can serve as a Principal Investigator. (See HRP-103 Investigator’s Manual)
- Community partners working on UMN research including: Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, M Health Fairview, and Minneapolis VA Health Care System.
- There is no cost for UMN investigators and other investigators working on UMN research.
- It is free for UMN Departments that want to host training for faculty.
To take the course, you must have completed the University’s training requirements for PI status, including:
- HIPAA Training
- CITI Training (Biomedical or Social/Behavioral)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)